TALKING ABOUT THE THINGS THAT STIMULATE MY INTERESTS, IGNITE MY PASSIONS AND LIFT MY SPIRITS

Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Most Scenic Beaches in the World

I was previously not a beach person (being black and all) but our boss took us on a 9 day cruise in the Carribbean. I have a terrible problem with motion sickness so the cruise was abject misery for me, but the stop in St. Thomas was fantastic.  The island is loaded with delicious duty free shopping opportunities.  We were lucky enough to get a tour guide who took us to a small beach which was sparsely populated.  It was glorious!  The magnificent and stunningly clear azure waters of the Carribbean (yup, we were on the Carribbean side, not the Atlantic) were amazing.  It was sort of a grotto beach, tucked into an inlet.  After lullying around in the salt water, upon exiting I felt like I have just been to a spa.  Now I love the beach, but  I am a beach snob, though.    I abhor beaches with throngs of people crawling around like roaches.  Now I harbor ambitions to visit some of the  most scenic beaches of the world.  Here are some of them:


1.  Anse Source D'Argent, La Digue, Seychelles. Splendidly scenic!  I could die here!




2.  Fernando de Noronho, Brazil (archipelego).  I could build a little hut and be very happy here!



3. The Beaches of Mauritius, Africa.  Now, this is glorious!



4.  Phi-Phon Don Beach, Thailand.  Heaven on Earth!



5.  West Railay  Beach, Thailand.  I can see me walking this beach!



6.  Zakynthos Beach, Greece



7.   Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia.  Ever since I saw "Rabbit Proof Fence", I have no use for Australia.  But this beach is worthy.

And let us not forget the beaches of Aruba!



If the world does not end on December 21, 2012, lol, I'll See ya on the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment