TALKING ABOUT THE THINGS THAT STIMULATE MY INTERESTS, IGNITE MY PASSIONS AND LIFT MY SPIRITS

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Once a year we celebrate Thanksgiving as a national day of thanks giving for the blessings we recognize in our lives.  All too often we become too comfortable and complacent with the blessings we have in our lives and forget that we are blessed among people, among nations.  I for one take so much for granted only desiring more, ignoring the much which I have, in comparision to the little so many others have.  I would like to give thanks for the many things that I have been blessed with in my little 44 years of existence.  Prized above all in my life I must give thanks for the people who have looked after me, protected me, nourished me, taught me, loved me, chastized me and given me the love and endearment and acceptance which is the natural craving of all sentient beings.  I have been fortunate in this regard, indeed.  All my life despite whatever position I have been in there has been someone there, in the center or on the circumsference watching over me, providing for me and taking care of me.  Only in retrospect and hindsight have I realized this over the years.  It is indeed a blessing to know that you are being taken care of.  For this I am eternally grateful.

I wish all a wonderful Thanskgiving Day full of richness and the blessing that come with family gatherings (minus the drama!).  And for those traveling may to you be blessed with safe travels and spirited to your destinations without problems or hassles.  As we enter this holiday season I pray we will all take a moment to realize just how blessed we are in the world and to appreciate those blessings and to try, by whatever means we have, to share  just a little of the much we have been given.   Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Thankful that you are thankful given all you went through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaytekeeper, my compass may be a little off, but I have not totally lost my bearing, thankfully, lol! I suspect faith and belief will have a lot to do with restoring it.

    ReplyDelete